Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Giong Out

We are not the people to sit by if you want to eat a calm, relaxing dinner. We go out for dinner two or three times a week. Not because I am working now, but because I don't like to cook. So we go out to eat and keep hoping that it will get easier. Ray says almost every time that he is never going to go out to eat with the kids again because it isn't very enjoyable at all. Most of the time it is Colton and I taking the kids out anyway since Ray works late. It used to be that Brayden wasn't very well behaved and couldn't keep still. Now he is usually well-behaved, but Brookelyn is loud and dramatic. For example, she ran out of apple juice so she started crying. Within seconds she had slid to the ground under the table to cry loudly because of the apple juice tragedy. Moments later she had recovered, but Daddy left the table and didn't bring her with him. She followed him a short distance and then fell to the ground and cried. Sasha is usually very well-behaved, but she is loud. She has no sense of using an indoor voice when she needs to tell us something. There is no question that people look at us when we are out to dinner. I usually don't make contact with anyone in the restaurant and pretend they don't notice us. Even if I can feel their stares. My poor older son does not enjoy going out with us. Ever. He goes because he wants to eat and knows I don't want to bring them out on my own for dinner. I don't mind doing it unless I have been at work all day. Then I am tired and love when he comes. So I decide every time we eat out whether I am going to eat or whether I am going to do the million tricks moms do to keep them quiet so others can enjoy their dinners. I always used to try to keep them quiet. Lately I am tired and hungry and figure people should not go to a family restaurant if they don't want to hear kids be kids. So be warned. If you see us in a restaurant, keep moving.

3 comments:

charisa said...

Hi Stacie, It has been so long.
I would sit next to you anytime, but then you would have to put up with us. A 2 year old that eats fast then has a meltdown, an my 11 year old who likes to perch in her chair always moves and never eats. That is why I prefer places that serve alcohol!

Kim and Rich said...

We'll eat with you, Stacey. Along with your kids, Owen and Dash can help entertain us all.

Kim and Rich said...

Charisa, What do Claire and Dylan like to drink? Apple Martini or just the classic...