Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Patch 2008






I brought the three little kids to the pumpkin patch yesterday. It was a field trip for Brookelyn's class so I thought I would bring them all. It sounded like a good idea at the time. It was fun, but definitely harder than I thought since all three wanted to run around (in opposite directions) so they could see everything. We had their faces painted, rode ponies and chose pumpkins and overall it was fun. Sasha saw the ponies before the other two did and was determined to ride one. She has ridden a pony one other time and really liked it. At first when I put her on she started to get upset. I gave her a hug so she would feel more secure being up there. After she hugged me back for a long hug, she turned and took hold of the saddle and was ready to go. She held on to my hand as we walked around, but she wasn't scared and waved back when people waved at her. It amazes me that she is so brave. Brookelyn rode another pony at the same time but she never seems to be afraid of anything so I just talked to them both as we walked around. It was a great place. The people were really nice to the kids and the pony rides lasted a long time. A friend of mine who was there with her daughter took the pictures for us. Brookelyn and Brayden rode ponies before we left. Sasha wanted to go again, but then was happy to wave at them as they went by her.

No comments: