Thursday, October 4, 2007

I'm going home

I am supposed to get Sasha's visa today and leave within an hour for the airport. I am very happy to be going home. The last few days have been stressful and emotional for all of us. The officer at the embassy said she cannot say for sure if she will be able to have Sasha's visa because there may be a problem with her paperwork, but she will do her best. I have told the hotel I am checking out today, changed my tickets to a flight for tonight and am about to finish packing. It better be ready...
I am happy for Sasha and I as well as my family, but I am not able to feel any sense of celebration with all of the sadness and worry for the situation here.

8 comments:

Kim and Rich said...

Stacey--I'm so happy for you. I've been worried about you and am glad to hear that Sasha's paperwork finally came through. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

Love,

Kim

Karen said...

So happy for you and thinking of the others there. I hope you have safe trip home.

Dawn said...

I am glad that you are finally getting to come home. You had to change tickets. Is this earlier than you had expected? Weren't you to fly out this weekend? That is wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you are going through this and I hope things resolve. I am certainly thinking of you.

Jeff said...

I hope everything works out with the Visa. You've done a great job posting while you've been in Vietnam and I've enjoyed reading it.
Good luck with everything!
Jeff
www.lovetoelly.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

Since this has been your most recent post, I hope that means that everything worked out and you are on a plane home. Please post when you arrive safely.

Julie said...

Stacey, please let everyone know when you arrive home safely. You have all of us on pins and needles hoping that you are flying home!

Fingers are crossed for you and good thoughts are being sent to all the families currently caught up in the mess in VN!

Julie Harmon

charisa said...

Stacy just a line when you get home to let us know you are safe. THinking about you and your family.
Charisa