Saturday, August 9, 2008

08/08/08 RE-ADOPTION DAY






We did it! We were finally able to re-adopt Sasha. It should have been much quicker and easier, since I filed the original paperwork back in December. But we did it! Ray, Sasha and I got to the courthouse and saw several other families waiting as well. A woman who had adopted a beautiful little girl from China came up and gave Sasha a little magna doodle to play with while we waited. Very sweet of her and Sasha loved it. She played with it while we waited and throughout the time we were in the courtroom. We were the second family to be called so we only had to wait a few minutes. Once we were inside we were able to set up our videocamera and the bailiff took pictures while we were with the judge. The process was really short. We just swore that we understood we were adopting her and she would have all rights as our child, that the papers we had filled out (listing our names, her first name, her new name, the agency we used...) previously were true and correct and then we signed the papers in front of the judge. And then it was over. It was very nice.
I am so relived to have that last step finished. I don't know whether it was just a technicality, but it feels good to have it finished. I feel so lucky to have that little girl. I am not a religious person by any means, but I feel blessed to have her. I am amazed and in awe that I get to raise her and be her mommy. I love you, Sasha!

No comments: