Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Very Sweet

Last night, after we got home from school, all three of the little ones started singing holiday songs. Brookelyn stood up and pretended to read the songs from a sheet of paper she was holding. She had her hand on her hip and was dancing at the same time as singing. Sasha went and stood up next to her and sang along. They held hands after they finished singing a couple of songs and bowed. It was soooo cute. And then Brayden stood up and all three sang songs for us. It was one of the sweetest moments I have had as a parent and I loved it. I didn't take any pictures of it because I decided to be in the moment instead.
I just got home from work. I stayed late to chaperone a dance that the middle school students put together. They did everything-- organizing who brought what food and drinks, decorating, making up a couple of games to play at the dance, setting up the sound system and helping clean up. They did a really nice job. They also came up with the rule that if anyone was asked to dance they had to say yes. So no one had hurt feelings and everyone had fun. There are only thirty students in our middle school and twenty came to the dance, so it was a pretty good turn out. Everyone was very well behaved and there was only one moment when I had to step in. Two boys decided they were going to each chug a small bottle of soda. I stopped them pretty quickly, but not soon enough for them not to feel the pain of it. Very fun night and I have a feeling this is the beginning of several more dances for the year.

No comments: