Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday afternoon...






Sasha and I got ready to go and went downstairs. We took a taxi to the Hgoc Ngoc to see if anyone was downstairs. I was hoping to run into one of the other parents from WC. No such luck. So I walked to baby street (Lan Ong) and found the baby stores. They were packed with people. They are really narrow stores anyway and with the heat it wasn't much fun. I bought a little pink cotton vest like thing for under $3.00, which will be perfect for California. We walked around aimlessly for a long time and then walked to the lake. We walked over the red bridge to the pagoda. On the way out we bought a couple inexpensive toys for the preschool office and Brayden and Brookelyn's school. I have bought so many things that I needed to buy another duffel bag. I think that means I won. So we walked over to that area and I bought a big one for $15 that seems to be pretty durable and got a cyclo to go home. It was already dark and it's fun to ride them at night. I made him tell me how much he would charge me before we got on. It was a fun ride, especially after all of the walking. I thought about having him take us to a restaurant, but I just didn't feel like it. He wanted to drop me off by the hotel, but not right by the door, so he could rip me off. I made him take me to the front door by the bellman (or whatever the man is called who opens to door for us and calls us the taxis). He wasn't happy about it, but he did it and then actually charged me what he said he would. We were very happy to be home. We came upstairs and again I thought Sasha could play on the quilt while I cleaned her bottles. No. So I put her in the front pack a little while later and we walked around some more. We bought some things at the Citimart. The girl who rang me up saw my room card and said I get a 10% discount there. I heard later we get discounts at all the stores. I got a loaf of bread, two cans of Coke, a package of bakery like cookies for under three dollars. I saw Julie in the lobby with some families from Ireland who are adopting. They said the process in their country takes four years. One lady said it took two years before they heard anything from the agency! Sasha fell asleep while I was talking with them and has been asleep since them. She likes being on the go, which is great since our lives are pretty busy at home. Speaking of home, I packed up all of the things I bought, wrote a list of THINGS TO DO for tomorrow and I am hoping go to my second interview will be one of them. The U.S. Consulate will call Kenny who will then call me. I am planning on having it tomorrow and being able to leave Tuesday night. I may be dreaming, but we'll see...
The pictures are taken in the Old Quarter.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Stacy, I'm enjoying reading your blog and all your adventures alone with Sasha. I'm probably going to be on my own when it's my turn, my husband won't be able to come.